20 October, 2015, Riga, Latvia: ETU Executive Council Meeting started at 10:00 a.m., while one hour later all ETU Council members gathered in a conference hall of Grand Palace Hotel in Old Riga to discuss the most significant questions concerning ETU operation work.
WTF Secretary General, Mr. Hoss Rafaty was also present at the meeting and WTF President, Dr. Chungwon Choue hailed the ETU Council by skype. One more time Dr. Choue congratulated with the inclusion of para-taekwondo kyorugi to Paralympic Program Tokyo 2020 and wished success in preparations to Olympic Games Rio 2016.
During the meeting ETU President, Mr. Sakis Pragalos announced newly appointed ETU Council members:
1) EPTU President, WTF Para-taekwondo Governing Board member, Mr. Aleksandr Shlychkov. Under his leadership, para-taekwondo has been developing within years in Europe and world.
2) Latvian Taekwondo Federation President, Mr. Herman Mochalin, who successfully held the European Junior Championships from 23-25 October 2015 in Daugavpils, Riga.
3) Croatian Taekwondo Federation President, Mr. Franjo Prot has been recently appointed as Chairman of WTF Scientific Committee.
During the meeting, there were the following presentations:
- Mr. Hoss Rafaty – WTF Secretary General
- Baku 2015, by Mr. Kenneth Schunken
- WTF Presidents Cup, by Mr. Antonio Barbarino
- Media Ops, by Mrs. Effie Zikouli
Then, there were the reports of the host cities for:
- ETU European Taekwondo U21 Championships 2015-Romania
- ETU Qualification Tournament for Olympic Games, Rio 2016-Turkey
- ETU European Taekwondo Senior Championships 2016-Switzerland
- ETU European Taekwondo U21 Championships 2016-Russia
ETU Council also discussed the calendar plan for taekwondo and para-taekwondo. EPTU received 2 applications for hosting the 5th European Para-taekwondo Championships 2016: from Turkish Taekwondo Federation and Polish Taekwondo Federation. Finally, ETU Council decided to organize the event after the summer Olympics in Rio on 18 September 2016 in Poland, Warsaw.
ETU General Assembly meeting started at 3:30 p.m. The Operational Report plus the financial statements were accepted by the ETU General Assembly.
After the meeting in Riga, delegates and officials were transported to Daugavpils, the city in which the Championship is being organized.