Among the important issues discussed are: changes in the competition rules, changes uniform of athletes and referees, even for coaches. Regarding athletes uniforms it seems that they will go back to past designs: tighter; as for referees, the uniforms will use brighter colors. Finally, it was discussed that it had come the time to unify the clothes coaches use when they sit on the chair during competitions.
Other issues discussed were:
- The European Championships with Olympic weight divisions scheduled for 2015 will change host city; it will be held in Nalchik, Russia instead of Moscow. The Russian Federation suggested that the championships takes place in May 2015.
- The European Under-21 Championship will be held in Greece this 2014 (October-November). Specific date to be confirmed.
- European Team Championship in Turku, Finland, from October 1 to 5, 2014.
- European Club Championship in Turkey from October 31 to November 2, 2014.
- A brief introduction about the first European Games G-4 to be held in this same city of Baku, Azerbaijan in 2015, was given.
- Another important issue discussed was that in order to register an athlete in any event, he must present the Kukkiwon Dan certificate. The Head of team or the athlete himself must present it at the time of registration. If an athlete does not have yet the Kukkiwon Dan certificate he must make the application to Kukkiwon Institute. At the time of registration the athlete must present both, the Global Athlete Licence (GAL) and the Kukkiwon Dan Certificate.
They also talked about the last steps prior to 2016 Rio Olympics:
- December 31, 2014: WTF Ranking
- January 15, 2015: ETU informs each NOC about the Olympic places they have acquired.
- January 30, 2015: The NOCs must confirm the use of their respective Olympic places.
- February 15, 2015: ETU relocate unused places.
- May 1, 2015: the last applications of the places used by NOCs will be received.
ETU Council also decided that the next European Senior Championships which was scheduled for 2016 will take place in the city of Montreux, Switzerland.
EPTU presented to all the ETU Council members and other guests EPTU progress report and informed about the upcoming para-events in the nearest future.